From ProgSoc Wiki
Every year we are supposed to lock accounts. (It's the only reliable way to get annual membership money ... though we do have a lot of honest members).
We can start locking them about a month after we announce new-year memberships are available (ie, after we stop selling old-year memberships).
Generally, this happens during the entire month of March:
- O-Day marks the beginning of renewals. (Everybody asks this. So stop asking beforehand, please).
- AGM marks the due-date for renewals. This means we can start locking accounts.
- However you will want to give a 2-week warning for this sort of thing.
- Don't forget to unlock accounts if they actually pay for them.
- CK was taking membership details on his laptop on O-Day 2005, but unfortunately this crashed, and the ONLY file that disappeared was the Excel spreadsheet that contained this :-(
- There are a list of names on the receipt book that can be recovered.
- There is also a list of names on the internet banking receipts that can be recovered.